1. Financial institutions constantly evolve from their inception and have various training activities to build capacity and talents over time. Through the years credit skills and talents have undoubtedly improve in the financial institution. At the same time new staff are recruited while older staff retires or leave the institution.
2. It is also noteworthy that the skills and talents may have also been changed depending on the dynamics of the business, staff recruitment policies and credit training activities. It is common that the skills and talents within the institution change because of new staff recruited other banks and institutions who come with different experiences and skills. At the same time trained and experiences credit officers may also have left for other organizations causing a loss of skills and talents.
3. The Credit & Lending Challenge is a specially designed process to assure the bank management of the level of credit knowledge and skills of those employees in the credit function. Those experienced staff may have a different level of knowledge and skills. While staff with good capabilities may not have been recognized for their knowledge and skills for career advancement.
4. The Credit & Lending Challenge is an opportunity for a bank’s management to independently assess the credit skills and talent of their credit executives across marketing and lending, credit risk assessment, loan monitoring and internal audit roles. This shall be part of operational skills risk assurance for loan asset management.
Course Content1. Financial organizations with credit and lending functions have a substantial number of staff engaged in credit - related activities which require a good level of knowledge and skills. In some organizations these staff comprise as high as 20% of the total staff force. Those directly involved in business credit analysis and SME loan structuring functions must have a better level of knowledge and skills than others such as those staff in car and housing loan processing.
2. Staff in monitoring and control roles such as internal auditors also need to have a good measure of understanding of credit and financial analytics to carry out their work responsibly.